Kiosk Manufacturer Association
Welcome to KMA. We are a global organization focused on documenting and improving self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Providing a level playing field for self-service provider and the customers so that standards are considered as baseline.
What we do
we are people who make up the self-service industry who are interested in establishing and following common guidelines we all agree on for accessibility. We look to the U.S. Access Board and also the European standards group for our baseline. We have generated Current Mandatory Requirements and also for going forward, our Code of Practice we recommend. Detailed guidelines are available for free to qualified parties (local, state and federal agencies for example).
Where we come from
the Kiosk Industry Group helped establish the Kiosk Association and KI acts as professional news and marketing for the kiosk and self-service industry. KI is funded by those companies for the benefit of developers, resources and client companies interested in self-service, kiosks, thin or internet terminals and POS systems. News about the industry and by the industry that is relevant to companies looking to utilize self-service, and companies which assist in doing just that (hardware, software, devices, services and applications).
Our association news website, KioskIndustry.org, provides news and features on the self-service kiosk world be it McDonalds kiosks, Global Entry or the latest in interactive digital signage.
We have several classes of participants
- Sponsor — Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorships with their own benefits and ROI. Sponsors have all benefits plus they can participate on steering committees.
- Premium Member – two year membership. Benefits are weekly intelligence report, survey of current RFPs, listing on the site and publication of useful material.
- Working Groups – we have two working groups right now; ADA Accessibility and EMV.
- Participating in working groups is free and open to all
- We encourage all vested companies and agencies to participate for best context and input.
Some background on KMA/KIG
- Issue premium press releases promoting sponsors and projects.
- Collect leads, mailing lists, industry research and source local, state and Federal RFIs & RFPs.
- Exhibit at Tradeshows such as NRF and NRA
- Join other associations to increase our knowledge (NRF, NRA, Accessibility Association)
- Track regulatory issues related to our industry (ADA, EMV, International).
- Advertising budget on Google ($1000/mo)
- GoDaddy ranks us as the top site for kiosks.
- Traffic and Audience – For 2020 most recent audience is 60,000 users over 30 day period (Cloudflare)
- Hosted on top tier Rackspace
- Employees consist of one manager who is unpaid (except for occasional golf or cigar purchase)
The Association participates in virtually all markets be it Retail, Financial, Healthcare, Government, Transportation, Smart Cities, telemedicine, local, state and federal opportunities. We average 20 authentic RFPs a month.
Our sponsors & members include kiosk manufacturers, software providers, service providers, printer manufacturers, PC manufacturers, display and touchscreen manufacturers to name some. Over 350 companies are listed.
We can assist as needed in dozens of ways including market research and trends, regulatory guidelines as published by the government and technology solutions such as AI, voice command, biometrics.
Most importantly, our sponsors and members support and fund an industry-led association which promotes the industry on an objective basis. The site is basically run and operated for and by the industry. Sponsors receive copy of
yearly tax documents and approve all spending.
We are happy to have a call, provide more in-depth details and/or answer any questions.