Kiosk Manufacturer Association
Welcome to KMA. We are a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). The kiosk industry association leads efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks.
What we do – we are people who make up the self-service industry who are interested in establishing and following common guidelines we all agree on for accessibility. We look to the U.S. Access Board and also the European standards group for our baseline.
Where we come from – the Kiosk Industry Group helped establish the Kiosk Association and KI acts as professional news and marketing for the kiosk and self-service industry. KI is funded by those companies for the benefit of developers, resources and client companies interested in self-service, kiosks, thin or internet terminals and POS systems. News about the industry and by the industry that is relevant to companies looking to utilize self-service, and companies which assist in doing just that (hardware, software and application).
Our association news website, KioskIndustry.org, provides news and features on the self-service kiosk world be it McDonalds kiosks, Global Entry or the latest in interactive digital signage.
We have two classes of supporters
1. Advocate — companies willing to provide their thoughts on Accessibility as part of our new Retail Advisory Board. There is no cost. Companies can be asked for their perspective on accessibility. All Advocates choosing to participate in 2019 also receive “Charter Advocate” status.
2. Sponsor — Manufacturers to help KMA develop a stronger self-service industry.
Some background on KMA/KIG
- Issue premium press releases (Newswire) promoting sponsors and projects.
- Collect leads, mailing lists, industry research and source local, state and Federal RFIs & RFPs.
- Track regulatory issues related to our industry (ADA, EMV, International).
- Advertising budget on Google ($1000/mo)
- GoDaddy ranks us as the top site for kiosks.
- Traffic example — in January 2019 we handled almost 8,000 visitors (all human)
- Hosted on top tier Rackspace
- National Retail Federation member and exhibitor at NRF New York
- Employees consist of one manager who is unpaid (except for occasional golf or cigar purchase)
The Association participates in virtually all markets be it Retail, Financial, Healthcare, Government, Transportation, Smart
Cities, telemedicine, local, state and federal opportunities. We average 20 authentic RFPs a month.
Our sponsors & members include kiosk manufacturers, software providers, service providers, printer manufacturers, PC manufacturers, display and touchscreen manufacturers to name some. Over 350 companies are listed.
We can assist as needed in dozens of ways including market research and trends, regulatory guidelines as published by
the government and technology solutions such as AI, voice command, biometrics.
Most importantly, our sponsors and members support and fund an industry-led association which promotes the
industry on an objective basis. The site is basically run and operated for and by the industry. Sponsors receive copy of
yearly tax documents and approve all spending.
We are happy to have a call, provide more in-depth details and/or answer any questions.