Kiosk Accessibility and Kiosk ADA Resources
- Vispero – world’s largest assistive technology provider for the visually impaired
- AudioEye – specializes in digital accessibility solutions ranging from managed service to self service, and in between. Request a demo today!
- Storm Interface – keyboards, input devices and accessibility devices for ADA
- Tech For All Consulting – Making technology accessible for everybody. Experts in evaluation and universal design.
Baseline Reference Resources
- Revised 508 the Final Rule – January 2018 — On January 18, 2017, the Access Board published a final rule that jointly updates requirements for information and communication technology covered by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and Section 255 of the Communication Act. The Section 508 Standards apply to electronic and information technology procured by the federal government, including computer hardware and software, websites, multimedia such as video, phone systems, and copiers. The Section 255 Guidelines address access to telecommunications products and services, and apply to manufacturers of telecommunication equipment.The final rule jointly updates and reorganizes the Section 508 standards and Section 255 guidelines in response to market trends and innovations, such as the convergence of technologies. The refresh also harmonizes these requirements with other guidelines and standards both in the U.S. and abroad, including standards issued by the European Commission and with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), a globally recognized voluntary consensus standard for web content and ICT.On January 22, 2018, the Board corrected the final rule to restore provisions for TTY access that were inadvertently omitted.
- ADA 2010
- EN 301 549 1.1.2 European Standards
Kiosk Accessibility and Kiosk ADA Resources Tools
- Color Contrast Analyser (CCA) Helps you determine the color legibility of text, and images of text.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT)Helps you evaluate a web page for accessibility and standards conformance. (This tool is no longer in active development)
- Accessibility Viewer (aViewer)Lets you inspect web content for accessibility information based on MSAA, iAccessible2, UIAutomation and ARIA.
- ARC ToolkitA professional level single-page accessibility testing tool available on the Google Chrome store.
- Tenon.io – Tenon.io can identify 508 and WCAG 2.0 issues in any environment.
- Aira.io – augmented reality assistance for the Blind
- SmyleMouse – computer navigation by head gesture and blinking eyes
- WP Accessibility plugin — we utilize this for improving our web accessibility
- Google Tools — many tools for websites and handhelds and mobiles. Test suites.
More background information
- ANSI Process
- FINAL DRAFT Whitepaper. The Use of Voice Recognition and Speech Command Technology as an Assistive Interface for ICT in Public Spaces
Here are resources which can assist.
- Information Technology Industry Council – trade association
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals
- Wheeled Mobility Project — The entire report can be downloaded from that page. Please pay particular attention to Section 3.3.15 Reach. Also, the following sections are related to reach and, to some extent, explain the data: 3.3.6 Knee Clearance Height, minimum; 3.3.7 Toe Clearance Height, minimum; 3.3.8 Knee Clearance Depth, minimum; and 3.3.9 Toe Clearance Depth, minimum. Section 3.3.14 Grip Strength may also be of interest.
- AIM High Act